I Believe!


Dianne Poulson posted Mar 13, 2018 9:44 PM
This page automatically marks posts as read as you scroll.
Adjust automatic marking as read setting
Vote
0
     
(Just kidding, but it did make me laugh!)
      As I have expressed, this past month has been the hardest of my marriage!  (And it has been mostly my fault!) This causes me to know that A.)  I have something Heavenly Father needs me to learn, B.)  My husband is getting a calling or C.) I am possessed!  I am not sure of the correct answer, nor do I want to ask my family as they would probably choose "C".  I have been praying and searching for answers! The last chapter in Goddard's book "Drawing Heaven Into Your Marriage"  has been a Godsend.  The information on Charity was so needed and appreciated.  "Look for good qualities and kind deeds by your partner. Don't discount their goodness by looking for imperfect motives. Notice the good and appreciate it. 'Fill us with the wisdom of the ages. Fill us with Thyself, that we may no longer be a burden to ourselves.' How much larger your life would be if you could be smaller in it. You would be interested in others. You would break out of this tiny theatre in which your own little plot is being played, and you would find yourself under a free sky, in a street full of splendid strangers."  (Goddard, 125) I love this quote! It is exactly what I am hoping to learn.  It goes right along with "A person wrapped up in himself, makes a pretty small package." 
                                                                                                                                    
     
       I remember when I was younger, I had just had my fifth baby, and my friend was complaining about something.  I  told her, "You need to have a baby, I don't have time to focus on stuff like that!"  (Don't go out and have a baby because of this blog, especially if you are my age!!) I was basically telling her she needed to lose herself in service.  Now, I am telling myself the same thing!
                                                                                                     
     The beginning of repentance is identifying our own flaws and imperfections. "We must be humble enough to recognize our own failings. We must have faith unto repentance, that is, we must trust Jesus enough to be willing to run to him with our sins, begging for His help with managing our mortal selves and changing our natures." (Goddard, 121) 
     On the other hand, we cannot be too hard on ourselves. "God is fully aware that you and I are not perfect.  Let me add, God is also fully aware that the people you think are perfect, are not.  And yet, we spend so much time and energy comparing ourselves to others-usually comparing our weaknesses to their strengths.  As a result we never celebrate our good efforts because they seem to be less than what someone else does. (Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
     For my calling, the Stake Relief Society President asked us to write down specific things that we heard in Fast and Testimony meeting.  Almost every person that bore their testimony commented about how they knew God loved them and knew them personally.  It seemed to be the theme of the day.  That is so important to not forget that fact and to "always remember him"
                                             
   
                                          
I have a testimony that Heavenly Father knows us and answers our prayers. And part of those answers will be to develop more charity in (my) our lives.
1 Corinthians 6:4-8
"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth." 
Filter by:
|
Clear filters
There are no replies in this thread
Mark all posts on this page as read.