Saturday, August 20, 2011

Remember me?

O.K.-the guilt has got to me and I need to add my bi-yearly blog! This has been a crazy year with Scott released from being Stake President-we made up for it by going somewhere every month!!! August we were in Maine, September we went to the Oregon Coast, Oct. to Utah, Nov. to Mississipi to see Austin off and then to Maine, December we were in Colorado, January-Nevada, February we went to Hawaii with friends, March-las Vegas for the BYU Baskeball finals, April back to Utah and May back down to Salt Lake for our Anniversary! We decided that enough was enough and we have just stayed home for the summer! Our kids have come home to hang out and Austin was home from Iraq for two-weeks, just long enough for him to get engaged to Tara! We are so excited about that! They will get married November 18th! My husband came home and asked me if I wanted a boat or to add on to our house. I said that since Ian and Aspen were going to be here 3 more years lets get a boat so that we can play on the lake with them. Next morning I woke up to a big back-hoe and two huge holes in my backyard!!! Guess we are adding on... Scott had done most of the work and has also been the general contracter and I am amazed at how much he gets done! It should be fun to have the extra room when all 30 of our family comes home to roost! Their visits usually stretch to 3 weeks as they come from so far and it is fun for us to have them stay awhile. We are adding a big downstairs play room for teenagers and younger, a family room with a fireplace above that and a dining room with a deck that connects them all! It should be fun and hopefully they will be self-cleaning!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your update! :) Miss you lots! Seems like you visited everywhere but Texas! Very excited for Austin!!!

Vicki said...

You go more than anyone I know. Potato farmers really get around. :) Love ya loads!!! Will everyone make it for the wedding?

Louise said...

You should come to Sweden too!! :))))

Michelle said...

I really enjoyed your visit to Houston! It was so great to see you and Aspen! I'm so thankful you told me all about the Hunger Games and we went to see it together. Everyone is talking about it and I actually know what they are talking about! Ha. This should link you to my blog address... Love ya!