Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Summer!

We had so much fun this summer starting with Kristi and her kids coming for part of May. It was a blast and we loved seeing them. Erin came the last week of June and saw Kristi for a day. She and Adam stayed a week and then she and the boys stayed for another 10 days. In the meantime, Ashley came from Denver with a Mark and her boys! Emily popped in every couple of days with her babes and it was a party for about 2 month-nonstop! It was so fun and my girls and sons-in-laws are so good to help. They were a little frustrated with me as I was sewing Pioneer dresses for the Pioneer trek we were going on the middle of July in Wyoming. I had 7 of them to make and I had planned on getting them made while everyone was at Girls Camp-but things didn't go so well. My pattern was a large but it turned out not even being big enough to fit a Barbie! I had to revamp it and then sew 5 more dresses. They turned out and I gave the smaller two to Aspens little friend. My kids don't think I have a life and so they think I make up stuff like this to do only when they are around! I reassure them, our life is still a mad house whether they are here or not! The trek was a blast and the weather was perfect. We hung out with our good friends Ron and Lori Nelson. She is the only person I know that can spend 3 days walking in the desert and come out prettier than she went in. Being in Martin's Cove, where many of the Mormon pioneers froze to death was both a humbling and spiritual experience. You could feel their spirits and their presence so strongly. I loved it!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Im so glad you are back on the blogging;) It was fun seeing you when we visit but now you are prob going to see a whole lot more of me then you want! You beautiful as a pioneer and I think you have a true pioneer attitude mom! You are always serving others and never give up on a good cause! I really believe that and Im grateful for your example! I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we missed you and are so excited to be able to see you all the time so I can continue to bring the worst out in you:) You so much more fun that way! I LOVE YOU! talk to you soon. prob everyday like usual:)