Friday, May 28, 2010

My Honey!

I just wanted to do a shout out on my husband without it being Father's day or anything else. Sorry if it sounds braggy, but he deserves it! I keep thinking about the amazing things he has done in this life. Not only has he farmed for 31 years, he has put together a business with 6 other partners called Idaho Select. This is a potato warehouse which runs potatoes and markets them. Not only do they help us sell our potatoes, but also the partners and a few other farmers spuds. From this endeavor came a trucking business called Select Trucking. We take our potatoes back to the east and then bring back loads of different merchandise from the east out to here. Then they started a business that is an appendage of Select Trucking, it is a truck center where they work on all of the trucks in our shipping fleet. They also have a new venture called Select Truck Manufacturing where they build these trailers to haul potatoes in from cellar to cellar, over the road. With all of the investments he has made in land and his farming adventures, he has done really well. By the time he gets it all paid off, we are going to be really wealthy! Dead, but wealthy!!! But for those of you who know me, money isn't everything!!! (Did I really say that???) But the thing I am most proud of is that he has done all of this while serving in some very demanding church callings that have taken 30-40 hours per week of his time. So amazing. He must have a good wife who supports him or else he wouldn't be able to do all of this!!!! Ha! (Behind every successful man stands an amazed woman!!!) All of this while spoiling me on the side! And that, in itself, is a full time job!!! Anyway, he is great and I am proud of him!!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

He is an amazing man. I'm always proud to call him my brother-in-law (the best I have :) )!!! Way to pick em, Dianne! :) Love you guys loads! Vicki

Kristi said...

This is very sweet post! He is wonderful and so are you. We do think you should quit it all and move to Maine though--Haha just a thought. :) Love you both!!!